Monday, April 25, 2011

A Few Things Learned


I love Easter! I love celebrating our Lord's resurrection. I enjoy watching the kids have fun, however the sugar seems to put a damper on the day. So here are a couple things I learned this year. Maybe these will help you.

1. Invite the Easter Bunny to stop by your house a day early. (Thanks to Ty and Tammy for this great idea!) That way Sunday morning will be only the normal crazy and not extra crazy.
2. Give yourself enough time to take a few pictures before church. Don't count on a 2-year-old and 4-year-old to stay put together. Inevitably a diaper explosion WILL happen and someone will give your other child a cupcake with bright pink icing.
3. Don't expect your children to have their best behavior at your sis-in-law's mom's house when they have been over loaded with sugar.
4. Four Easter egg hunts are probably too many.
5. Spend as much time possible focusing on the REAL meaning of Easter because it is easy for everyone to loose site of what it is all about.



Hiding the cupcake stain

Our crazy crew with Nay Nay and Pap Pap

My handsome boy

My sweet boy- not in his clothes!

1 comment:

  1. Love the 4 Easter egg hunts suggestion. That IS way too many! LOL! One was plenty for me!

    ReplyDelete