Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Green Bean Caprese Salad


This year for our Easter dinner we decided to keep things low key. We had delicious ham sandwiches on fresh rolls and an abundance of yummy salad sides. I decided to try a new creation- green bean caprese salad. I am pretty sure it has probably been done before but this is the way I made it. I thought it was yummy and the girls at work agreed- I took leftovers to work on Monday. This definitely qualifies as a 'better the next day' recipe. Since several of you have asked for the recipe here it is:

About a pound of steamed green beans- use fresh or frozen
3/4 a pint of cherry tomatoes cut in half
4 oz mozzarella cheese cut in to bite size pieces
2-3 fresh basil leaves chopped

Dressing:
1/4Cup olive oil
1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar- you can use less but I LOVE vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together. Let sit at least and hour. And Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment