Saturday, March 6, 2010

Daylight savings...already?

So next weekend is daylight savings time, but for some reason my children thought it was today! At 5:45 am, my precious 5-year-old was up and wanted me up too. I said absolutely not, in the nicest way possible and told him to lay back down. Shortly there after, my 2-year-old was yelling from her room "I want up!"So we were up way before 7:00 am- I was not a happy mommy. My thoughts immediately went to "don't I deserve to sleep in just one day a week" Then gently the Lord reminded me of Proverbs 31. Now, I know he doesn't expect me up at 3:00 am making my own bread and sewing my own clothes, but Saturday or not He does want to spend time with me. He also wants me to be ready for the day. I am really glad He does give some days to catch a few extra winks of sleep though. Maybe next Saturday my precious kidos will decide to sleep in even though it will be daylight savings time, and maybe I will get up and have some that much needed me (and Him) time :)

'She gets up while it is still dark' Proverbs 31:15a

No comments:

Post a Comment