Monday, March 8, 2010

Horray for the crock-pot!

Mondays are always hard, so when I can, I love to have something cooking away in the crock-pot while I am working. I absolutely love walking in the house and smelling dinner waiting on me. So here is the easiest crock-pot recipe EVER!! Special thanks to my dear friend Jenn for this one ;)

Salsa Chicken

Lightly spray the bottom of crock-pot with cooking spray.
Place 1lb frozen chicken (I like to use tenders) in the crockpot.
Cover with 2 cups of your favorite salsa. It is important that you use a salsa that you like. My family likes Wal-mart brand mild salsa.
Cook on low 7-8 hours. (you do not need to stir)
Remove chicken and sprinkle with cumin powder and a splash of lime juice. That was not part of the original recipe, but I liked what it added to the flavor.
Shred chicken. Perfect for chicken fajitas or with rice and beans.

I know it sounds too easy and like it won't be good- but my family loves it! The chicken does not dry out and we actually fight over the left overs! Hope you enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. How many chicken tenders did you use? What did you serve your chicken with? Rice and beans like with your sausage? Can't wait to try it your way!

    Try that same recipe with pineapple sometime and don't shred. I've done that before. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete