Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My future self

Recently, I read the one billionth article in some women's magazine about how to organize your life. It listed fifteen original ideas from readers for making your life easier. I read the article intently, trying to soak in every idea. I am always looking for a way to make my crazy life easier. Also with three kids and three days of work, I can't seem to catch up with all I need to do. Now several days later, I can only remember one of the ideas- my future self. The idea is every time I do something, ask myself what will my future self think about this. For instance, in the evening before going upstairs to bed- ask myself 'What will my future self think when I come downstairs in the morning?' So far this has prompted me to take a couple extra minutes with everything I do and do it more completely. It has made it nicer to walk into my bathroom in the morning and find a clean floor instead of the kids clothes from the previous night's bath time. So this has lead to a lot of thinking about this future self of mine. What will she be like in a month? a year? Am I doing things now that when I wake up a couple years I will be happy with what my 'past self' did to get there? Just some thoughts......

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent post. Very thoughtful. Thank you for posting this. On the perfect day. I love you.

    ReplyDelete